IMX8MM running Android 9.0 system restarts randomly (watchdog restart)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM running Android 9.0 system restarts randomly (watchdog restart)

Only_聆听
Contributor II

Hi NXP technical engineers:

We are using MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA+MT40A512M16LY-075:E (DDR4) to run Android 9.0 system, after connecting to the screen (MIPI 1280*800+TP), let the machine hang up, don't run any stress test tool, just run the system .

However, after running for 8-72 hours, the system has issues with crashes and restarts. After disabling the WDOG_B function of the PMIC (PCA9450A), the system will not restart, but it will get stuck and the peripherals cannot be used, which is equivalent to power off and shutdown.

When rebooting, there are usually no logs (as shown in the image below), and several of the logs that are caught by chance (as attached) point to kernel errors.

Only__0-1653555507773.png

Meanwhile, we did a test and the machine running MemTester hasn't crashed yet. It's been running for about 72 hours, but the stationary computer has crashed and restarted. At the same time, if the screen and TP (mask) are not connected, the time to reproduce the crash will be prolonged.

We are very confused right now and don't know how to capture more logs, including how to find what caused the watchdog to time out and restart. I hope you can give me some advice, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

edward_fu
Contributor III

Hi,

请问您的问题解决了吗,我定制的Android系统,移植到Android11,也遇到了这个随机重启问题,重启前没有任何crash的log,当我把硬件看门狗disable掉时,系统不会重启,但是系统冻屏卡住,此时也无任何crash的log。

如果您已解决了,能否分享下,这个问题困扰了我好久,非常感谢!

Edward

0 Kudos

Only_聆听
Contributor II

哈喽,你能加下我微信吗?li865697135

0 Kudos

Only_聆听
Contributor II

@dylan_lin  @igorpadykov   @sheldonlrucker 

Hi Lin、Igorpadykov、sheldonlrucker:

I see that you have encountered a very similar problem to me, have you finally solved it, can you give me some advice? Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!

Our current test found that the machine running the Memtester tool did not crash, but the machine that was running the system in a static state crashed.

0 Kudos