cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX7 Unused LCD Termination

Jump to solution
tomsaluzzo
Contributor III

Designing a product using the IMX 7Solo but will not be using a display (LCD). Do I need to terminate the pins on the device and if so, how? Same question for the LCD power.

Can I leave everything associated with the LCD unconnected?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When not using the LCD interface on i.MX7 series processors, the LCD signals can be left floating if not used for boot configuration. The LCD I/O power must still be applied.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When not using the LCD interface on i.MX7 series processors, the LCD signals can be left floating if not used for boot configuration. The LCD I/O power must still be applied.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hazar_mutgan
Contributor I

Hello Artur,
I have same question on unused LCD and Boot signals.

We are going to use GPIO override for some BOOT_CFG pins. 

From your reply , I can unsterstand that unused LCD signals can be left floating if not used for the boot configuration, however Hardware Development Guide for iMX7Dual and 7Solo  Rev.1 states that BOOT_CFG signals shouldn't be left floating ( Table 3 item 3) 
Can you please help me to clarify this?

Thank you in advance,

Hazar

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I meant that, if the processor boots with the eFuses configuration and, therefore, the external LCD signals are not used for boot configuration, they can be left floating. However, if the external boot configuration signals are used, they all must beconnected according to the required boot configuration.

Artur

0 Kudos