Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX7 Solo DTS file

Jump to solution
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I am working on porting BSP for IMX7 solo based custom board. When I looked in the DTS files, I can only see files related to IMX7 dual.  For instance, all the name of dts files available for IMX7 starts with "imx7d_*.dts". Can you please say, where can I get the dts files for IMX7 solo? What are all the changes (in terms of building the source code and booting ) needed for IMX7 Solo?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

In WaRP7 board, they have used  12 X 12 Package of IMX7 solo. In our custom board we are planning to use 19 x 19 package of IMX7 solo (MCIMX7S5EVM08SC). So my doubt is, is it okay to use/refer WaRP7 board DTS file? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gopinath

one can look at Warp7 board which uses Solo :

linux-fslc/arch/arm/boot/dts at 4.1-1.0.x-imx · WaRP7/linux-fslc · GitHub 

GitHub - WaRP7/WaRP7-User-Guide: WaRP7 User Guide Source. For binary releases go to the release tab 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

In WaRP7 board, they have used  12 X 12 Package of IMX7 solo. In our custom board we are planning to use 19 x 19 package of IMX7 solo (MCIMX7S5EVM08SC). So my doubt is, is it okay to use/refer WaRP7 board DTS file? 

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gopinath

yes okay, as processor is the same.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Thank You.