cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL booting from NAND

borjatornero
Contributor I

Hi,

We have a custom board based on IMX6UL with a NAND flash from Micron (MT29F2G08ABAEAWP-ITE) and we are unable to make it boot from NAND.

We have flashed both a custom u-boot and the standard u-boot for NAND from the EVK using kobs-ng (see the attached documents) and the outcome is the same: booting from NAND apparently fails as we see nothing in the console and the board listens for booting from the serial port. We are trying to use the boot from fuses mode emulating the fuses with the GPIOs and we have set up the BOOT_CFG1[7] to 1 (boot from NAND) and BOOT_CFG1[5:4] to 01 (64 pages per block).

Is there anything else we can try? How can we be sure the board is really using the boot from fuses mode and not serial boot? We have exhausted all our ideas...

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Borja

one can folow guidelines provided on

How-To use NAND boot on i.MX6UL EVK board 

testing and debugging procedure is described on

i.MX6Q NAND boot issues 

after failure boot settings can be verified by reading SRC_SBMR1,2 with jtag

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------