cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6SDL SSI AUD3 INTERFACE TO CONNECT TO DEVICE WITH PCM INTERFACE

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a platform that is using the IMX6SDL SSI AUD3 INTERFACE to connect to a slave Device that support PCM data format.  Can  IMX6SDL SSI AUD3 be configured to support PCM data format in master mode?

Thanks,

Gus

0 Kudos
8 Replies

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi Artur,

What mode should we be in to configure for the PCM format?  Is there an existing driver we can leverage that support such format?

Thanks,

Gus

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have to configure the SSI module for Normal mode, 1-bit wide early frame sync, 1 word per frame. There is no ready to use driver for such data format. For more information, check the corresponding chapter in the Reference Manual document.

Artur

0 Kudos

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi Arthur,

The device we have support the following PCM format.  Can IMX6SDL AUD interface support either format?  What mode should the SSI be in to support this if possible?

Thanks,

Gus

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the SSI module can support such format. For more information, refer to the SSI chapter of the Reference Manual document.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi Artur,

When AUD3 is configure in master mode, does it support PCM audio data format?

The slave device is supporting the PCM audio data format, basically a single channel audio stream.  We want to configure IMX6 AUD3 to run in 13bit or 16 bit linear PCM sample format.  Can AUD3 Interface support this format?

Thanks again,

Gus

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide more details on the format (e.g. audio codec's data sheet document) to make me able to check.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the AUD3 interface can be configured to operate in Master mode. For more information, please refer to the Chapter 16 "Digital Audio Multiplexer (AUDMUX)" and Chapter 61 "Synchronous Serial Interface (SSI)" of the i.MX6Solo/DualLite Reference Manual Rev.2 document, available on the NXP web site:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SDLRM.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%20Manuals&WT_...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi Gus

SSI AUD3 can be used as master mode.

Please refer SSI clocking in i.MX6SDLRM.pdf.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos