cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Solo Processor Serial Mode JTAG not detecting

SJ77
Contributor I

Hi All 
We designed one board using IMX6SOLO processor and after initial checking , we connected boot switch to serial mode and tried connecting JTAG .. Jtag is showing below images ... 

Connecting to J-Link...
J-Link is connected.
Firmware: J-Link V10 compiled Jan 30 2023 11:28:07
Hardware: V10.10
S/N: 50115920
Feature(s): GDB
Checking target voltage...
Target voltage: 3.31 V
Listening on TCP/IP port 2331
Connecting to target...
ERROR: Could not connect to target.
Target connection failed. GDBServer will be closed...Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...
Shutting down...

would like to the reason for this 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

SJ77
Contributor I

Thanks all ..
we have done all the possible ways and still the processor is not detecting in serial mode .. in processor our top marking side , it is written as made in china .. one doubt is like in all som boards it is written as made in korea and taiwan .. is it an possible problem .. please help ... on this 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) create a new case to upload your schematic, let us double check it

2) if you concern if the processor has issue, you can only change your processor to double check it

0 Kudos

SJ77
Contributor I

Hi All 
One more doubt like i put VDDSOC_CAP voltage rating as 10v and 16v .. will it affect the boot up ... in reference schematic i can see capacitor voltage is 6.3v .... 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls check VDD_SOC_CAP voltage range from data sheet, I suggest that you can create a new case, then post your schematic to review firstly

"https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6SDLCEC.pdf"

0 Kudos

ramprakash08
Contributor IV

From the error message you've posted, it seems like the JTAG is not able to establish a connection with the target, which in this case is the IMX6SOLO processor. There could be several reasons for this issue:

• Incorrect wiring or connection: Please double-check the JTAG connection to the IMX6SOLO processor. Make sure that the JTAG connector is properly seated and the wires are correctly connected.
  • Incorrect JTAG configuration: The JTAG might not be correctly configured for the IMX6SOLO processor. Please check the JTAG configuration and ensure it is set up correctly for the IMX6SOLO.
  • Hardware issue: There might be a hardware issue with the IMX6SOLO processor or the JTAG. If possible, try using a different JTAG or IMX6SOLO processor to isolate the issue.

Also, ensure that the boot switch is correctly set to serial mode. If the boot switch is not correctly set, the JTAG might not be able to detect the IMX6SOLO processor.

0 Kudos

SJ77
Contributor I

Hi
Thank you 
we have checked the connection in schematic , and posting it here . 
we would like to know , do we need to do any specific setup in eclipse software for jtag detection or any other software to check this Jtag connectivity for target detection . 
we are not able to detect OTG also in serial mode .. Our Processor is getting detected in any method .. 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos