Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 IPU: enqueue task with callback

Jump to solution
albanderuaz
Contributor I

Hi!

In order to enqueue a task to the IPU, I am currently using the following C function call in my program:

ioctl(fd_ipu, IPU_QUEUE_TASK, &task)

It works, but it only returns when the enqueued task in the IPU is finished. I would like to do it in an non blocking way, by for example providing a callback function to the IPU, so that I can still use my thread during the ipu operation.

Thank you very much for your help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to Image Processing Unit (IPU) Drivers chapter in "i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf",

for more information on what IOCTLs exist and which data structures they use, see

<Yocto_BuildDir>/linux/include/uapi/linux/fb.h.

Perhaps You need to implement the required feature yourself.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to Image Processing Unit (IPU) Drivers chapter in "i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf",

for more information on what IOCTLs exist and which data structures they use, see

<Yocto_BuildDir>/linux/include/uapi/linux/fb.h.

Perhaps You need to implement the required feature yourself.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!