cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 QSB cannot start

marshallzhou
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I am a totally newbie with QSB, when I plugin the power, the FLT and 5V led light on. While I plugin the UART with my computer, seems computer cannot distinguish any new port. At the same time, when I press poweron button, the LCD has no display. Anything wrong with the board? Months before, it can start correctly. What happen? How can I diagnose? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check power voltages of i.MX53. Sometimes, because of "bad" power adapter, providing glitches, the PMIC may be damaged.   

marshallzhou
Contributor I

Thanks for ur reply, I'v used the original power adapter, I think it's ok.  I doubt if it's the os issue or the board is broken.  While I cannot get log from serial port, I totally don't know how to begin. Is there any way I can be sure the board is ok?  Any way to access the "BIOS" like PC or something like that?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> ... I'v used the original power adapter ...

Good adapter - is "heavy" adapter.

After pressing power on practically all leds (except FLT) should shine.
If not - problems with power.

0 Kudos

marshallzhou
Contributor I

Hi Yuri Muhin, After pressing power on, only the FLT and 5v led of the QSB shine, just as when plugin the power. And u said "If not - problems with power.", I thought that means the adapter is broken, after I bought the new one, the problem is same. And I can hear the board make a sound "zizi sisi" all the time. Any idea? How can I find the problem? Really thanks.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check power supply voltages of i.MX53 chip - I am afraid PMIC of the QSB does not provide the voltages at all.

0 Kudos

marshallzhou
Contributor I

Oops, I am not sure. Where is the chip, and how can I check it? I don't know the hardware at all. I am reaally confused with the integrated board.:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos