cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX25 UART BOOT Query

DaviddeBethel
Contributor I

Hello there folks,

I am trying to find information on booting from UART and thought it should be relatively straight forward.  Set boot mode pins to '11', tell the efuses the boot src is UART1, make sure the GPIO Bt Sel is set to IIM, not GPIO.

Then when the imx25 comes out of reset it would initialise the UART to 115,200 etc and wait for the data on usb or UART and boot from the first detected, and which point I would send the application via a terminal program to the imx25.

However, reading the ref manual (chap 7) seems to suggest that there is a specific 'serial downloader protocol', information for which I cannot find.

Can anyone point me in he right direction?

Many thanks in advance

D

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

DaviddeBethel
Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been off on other projects for a while.  I havent been changing the fuses as it turns it out. I decided to go with the the boot contact pin method. Mainly because I didn't have time to try and work out the method for programming the fuses.  If you have any advice on blowing the fuses and how it is done, I am all ears ;-)

Thanks for your reply Aditya, it is appreciated>

0 Kudos

metalheart
Contributor I

Hi David,

I think the serial download protocol is used by Advanced Tool Kit (ATK) programming software to burn images to the PDK. How are you changing the fuses exactly ?

0 Kudos