IMX processor for PSTN Telephony feature

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX processor for PSTN Telephony feature

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi, I am looking for an IMX processor that can support PSTN telephony feature such as DTMF generation, AEC,LEC,CID.  The processor is cable of running Android.  Does anyone have any recommedation?  Thanks.

8 Replies

abhijeet_ghodga
Contributor III

Hi guslabao‌,

Rather than the reference design, do you have any drivers to support the 8-bit Mu Law data received from the PSTN phones?

I have already tried fsl-ssi driver and ALSA driver and they do not capture data, but they are able to send data to phone.

Best,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gus,

I'm not familiar with PSTN Telephony but you would be using a chip that would connect to the board by, lets say, I2C right?, can you give me more info?

0 Kudos

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi Sergio,

PSTN is the telephone line.  I want to design a phone that will connect to the telephone line by adding a DAA circuit for the Analog Front End. 

The DAA circuit will connect to the host processor that can do telephony features such as DTMF generation, AEC,LEC,CID.

See the Freescale DSP56858 device which supports telephone features. 

I am looking for an host processor that have integrated DSP to support the telephone feature set.  The host processor need to be powerful enough to run Android.  The DSP will already have the software telephony feature support, as well.

Hope this clarifies things.

Thanks,

Gus

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gus,

All of the i.MX6 processors have a NEON co-processor:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0409e/index.html

I did some research and I know of customers that have used the i.MX6s and i.MX6Q for PSTN

0 Kudos

guslabao
Contributor III

HI Sergio,

I did notice that IMX6 have been used on PSTN phones.  I wanted to find out if Freescale have a reference design with the IMX6s that is used in PSTN designs.

I was hoping to have the software telephony features available as a package as well. 

Thanks.

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gus,

Unfortunately we do not have a reference design for the i.MX and PSTN phones.

Please let me know of any question you may have.

0 Kudos

sumit8915
Contributor III

HI Gus,

You can use a SLIC IC and DAA IC that can support the telephony features such as DTMF generation, AEC,LEC,CID and can be interfaced to the host processor through standard interfaces. But i am not pretty much sure what kind of SW implementation you will need to do on the i.MX6 processor.

thanks

guslabao
Contributor III

Thanks Sumit.  I was looking more for a processor that have the telephony feature software part of the package.

0 Kudos