I'm having difficulties interfacing with flexcan on my imx6q.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having difficulties interfacing with flexcan on my imx6q.

briannorman
Contributor II

I'm new here, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. 

Having difficulties working with flexcan on my imx6q.  I have a Sabre lite demo board, rev-d.  I downloaded the IMX6DQRM.  According to it, during initial setup, I should be able to enable RX FIFOs by asserting the RFEN bit in the MCR.  I am unable to set it.  Also, I am unable to assert the SOFT_RST bit.  When i attempt to, the imx6 stops and wont respond to anything.  I'm getting the feeling that I may have the wrong reference manual.  How do i figure out if i have the right one and if i don't, how do i find the right one.

I'm pretty sure I'm talking to the flexcan.  Upon powerup, I can see the indicated reset value in the MCR.  I have downloaded example device drivers, and they support the architecture in the reference manual.  Unfortunately I can't find any drivers for my OS(Integrity) so I'm looking at building my own.

Thanks for any suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

briannorman
Contributor II

Figured out my problem if anyone cares.  I didn't have the CAN clocks enabled in the CCM registers.