I.MX6D MIPI application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6D MIPI application

tommyduan
Contributor III

1、We now use two I.M X6D CPU, one used for liquid crystal instrument, one for in-car entertainment systems, we now need for video transmission between two products, such as the need to map the IVI map synchronization to the above, we plan to the IVI of MIPI DSI interface connected to the instrument of MIPI CSI, whether to support direct connection, good software do? Is the software currently supported? If workload changes are not supported? This connection mode supports what is maximum transfer?

2、What is the largest version of Android currently supported on the official website? If you want to do a higher version of how to carry out?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tommyduan

1. for MIPI DSI / MIPI CSI software one can look at

sect.6.1.4 MIPI Camera Serial Interface, sect.6.4.2 MIPI DSI Interface

i.MX Linux Reference Manual​

all linux documentation

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

2. one can look at android documentation

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/android-os-for-i-mx-applications...

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

tommyduan
Contributor III
Is the current hardware solution feasible?
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes such approach is feasible.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

tommyduan
Contributor III
Mipi DSI interface, the chip only supports 2 lines, what is the maximum resolution it can output? MIPI DSI directly connected to CSI Protocol support? Current software support?
0 Kudos

tommyduan
Contributor III

1、Is the approach I describe chip supported? Is it feasible? Does the existing software meet the requirements?

2、Android release notes, let's take a look at the IMX8 series and see if there is i.X6 related?

0 Kudos