Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX51 Design Factors.

Jump to solution
ravivarman
Contributor I

Dear Freescale,

We are planning to design a module with reference to the i.mx51 EVK.Can you provide us the basic changes needs to be considered in Board Support Package for proper board bring up.Like changes needs to be done in the u-boot configuration,Kernel configuration etc.

Specifically we like to know the files require modification in your yocto BSP and basic changes for mapping USB,Ethernet,Serial,SD Card,Display,etc basic peripherals.

with regards,

Ravivarman R

Qmax Test Equipments

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mbp
Contributor V

Ravi,

We have done this.  You simply need to follow the instructions in the User Guide provided with the Release.  There is a clear list of steps you must take to create your own variant.   Consult this as step #1 then google and this site as to specific additional items you are trying to support.

Unless your changes are radical the Release Notes and User Guide in the BSP walk you through all the steps you've asked about!

mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mbp
Contributor V

Ravi,

We have done this.  You simply need to follow the instructions in the User Guide provided with the Release.  There is a clear list of steps you must take to create your own variant.   Consult this as step #1 then google and this site as to specific additional items you are trying to support.

Unless your changes are radical the Release Notes and User Guide in the BSP walk you through all the steps you've asked about!

mike

0 Kudos
ravivarman
Contributor I

Dear MIKE PETERSEN,

Thank you for your reply.We will try this.

0 Kudos