I.MX Yocto User's Guide Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX Yocto User's Guide Question

cgiordano
Contributor III

So I am not building u-boot manually - it just happens when I bitbake.  

Referring to the NXP Yocto User's Guide, per section 5.5: U-Boot Configuration, I modified the local.conf file as stated to do so:

$echo "UBOOT_CONFIG = \"fspi\"" >> conf/local.conf

...when I run this at the terminal being currently situated in the root build directory.  

I then clean the "imx-image-core" via:

bitbake -c clean imx-image-core

...and then run a bitbake to build the image again.  

What do I look at to verify that I am getting an FSPI image that I can simply flash pound for pound into the QSPI via some external means.  And by external means, it is a QSPI device on its own board flashed with a proprietary interface, hence why I want to load EVERYTHING - boot and kernel - into this QSPI that once it interfaces with the i.MX8, I can boot the thing up.  

Section 5.5 means something, right?  Why can't this work for me?  

I generate 2 main images - a wic and an sdcard.  Neither of these after doing what the manual suggests give me the signature data that should be at address 0x400 (FCFB...).  So if I do the suggested operations per the YUG section 5.5, where is the FSPI image located?  What is the name of the file I'm looking for?  

EDIT: Working with the i.MX8QXPMEK development board FYI

0 Kudos
2 Replies

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cgiordano,

Could you please provide me with the BSP that you are using, I will try to duplicate your issue or see why is this happening, meanwhile could you please confirm that the binary of the boot loader is in the folder deploy? Also check your local.conf, and send me just to confirm that is all good on this file.

Regards,

Israel H.

0 Kudos

cgiordano
Contributor III

Can anyone provide insight on my question please?  

0 Kudos