I.MX Community web site troubles....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX Community web site troubles....

WayneRadochonsk
Contributor I

I realize that the i.MX53 community web site has recently been upgraded.  I am having troubles downloading Linux images and documentation for the i.MX53 QSB board.  Is anyone else suffering the same problem?  (Perhaps, it is just pilot error on my part.)

Can anyone recommend a document that describes how to setup a development system under Ubuntu or Linux Mint as well as set up remote debugging via Eclipse/CDT?

Thanks for your help...

Wayne

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

You can also find MX53 documentation at www.freescale.com/imx53, just click in an i.MX53 link and then go to the documentation or software and tools tabs. For the remote debugging via Eclipse I recommend the MX53UG, where you will find a chapter on how to set up JTAG. And for Linux, you can download one of our BSPs located in the software and tools tab. Each one of the BSPs has its reference manual included in the zip file.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

WayneRadochonsk
Contributor I

Jorge

I keep receiving the message that the "source file" can not be read whenever I try to download

the i.MX53 demo images from the web site.

I have tried a number of web browsers, tried this at home and contacted our IT staff. I don't

have any problems downloading images from Linaro or TimeSys or even PDFs from the

Freescale web site.

No luck, so far....

Wayne

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What document are you looking for? Sorry, I got confused with your description.

Could you, please, paste over here the broken link you´ve been trying?

0 Kudos

WayneRadochonsk
Contributor I

Daiane

I have been trying to download the VM Ware virtual machine image for Linux.

I get error messages saying that the file can not be read.

Of course, I have the DVD that came with my QSB but the bits are probably

"stale" by now.

I am really busy with other work but I will post the exact error message in a few

minutes.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Wayne

0 Kudos