cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Linux Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) on iMX6Q-SL

lucasmahieu
Contributor III

Hey,

Two full days i am tring to understand how to use the Linux Performance Monitoring Unit on my Sabre Lite.

I have the LXDE Trusty Ubuntu Linux 3.14.28 from Boundary Devices.

I am tring to install : GitHub - thoughtpolice/enable_arm_pmu: Enable user-mode access to ARMv7/Linux performance counters

but i always have his error : Compilation error : Syntax error · Issue #4 · thoughtpolice/enable_arm_pmu · GitHub

I am pretty sur the thing a want to do is possible : linux-imx6/pmu.txt at master · samnazarko/linux-imx6 · GitHub

but I don't understand what i am doing wrong ...

I also try to look into the kernel option, and i have this option selected in the kernel menuconfig: “Kernel performance events and counters” which is found under “General setup" then under "Kernel Performance Events and Counters” .

(ref . Using the ARM Performance Monitor Unit (PMU) Linux Driver  )

does't someone success to did it?

Best reagards

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lucasmahieu
Contributor III

Hey, thanks a lot for this idea.

I never heard about oprofile, do you know how to use it ?

Are you sur it iq working on imx6Q-Sabre-lite ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mahieu

please look at attached Linux Manual Chapter 49 OProfile

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos