cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test the interafces over the IMX6 based target board

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working over the IMX6 based custom target prototype board. I need to validate all the interfaces like I2C , SPI etc

on the board. Does NXP provides any solution to test the bare board ?

Just want to know the possible solutions to test the bare board( Not having any boot loader and kernel) . Please suggest.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try using the i.MX6 Platform SDK. Bare-metal SDK for the i.MX 6 series, includes

reusable drivers and tests for many peripherals, and much example code. Also includes register

definition headers files, and register definitions for debuggers.

The SDK contains the following documentation :

iMX6_Platform_SDK\README.pdf
— very useful and should be read first.

iMX6_Platform_SDK\doc\iMX6_Firmware_Guide.pdf
- «provides example driver code,
that demonstrates the proper initialization, boot up and basic I/O operation of i.MX 6
peripherals and controllers. This code can be implemented into test suites or boot code
to help ensure proper board functionality».

iMX6_Platform_SDK\doc\Platform SDK Build System Architecture.pdf —contains general details
about examples building.

swp-report/iMX6_Platform_SDK at master · backenklee/swp-report · GitHub 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos