Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset imx6ull

tianlong
Contributor I

Hi,

I used a board with "MCIMX6Y2"  i.mx6ull,

I want to reset the CPU to restart the system. What should I do, Which interface should be used?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

John9967
Contributor I

I can help you out with that. Just follow these steps to recreate the problem on your EVK board. Start by ensuring the board is correctly connected and powered up. Next, carry out the exact actions that seem to be causing the issue. Pay close attention to any error messages or weird behavior that pops up. Once you've covered that, shoot me a detailed rundown of the problem and walk me through the steps you followed. If you run into any snags or need more support, feel free to give me a shout. 

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Power and clock management are accompanied with an appropriate reset generation and distribution system, centralized functions of which are implemented by the System Reset Controller (SRC).

I suggest you take a look on Chapter 51 System Reset Controller (SRC) and Chapter 27 General Power Controller (GPC) of reference manual for more details.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

tianlong
Contributor I

Hi

I tried the "SRC_DoSoftwareResetARMCore0"interface,The system only shut down or died without being able to restart.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please share me your steps to reproduce the issue on our EVK board?

Best regards.

0 Kudos