How to optimize the BSP ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize the BSP ?

Jimmychea
Contributor III

Currently, i using the BSP of the i.MX8M Plus, but i intend to optimize the BSP due to some features disabled such as camera, display, can, wifi, bluetooth and audio. Therefore, i would like to know how to optimize the BSP like what are those .bb or .bbappend files in BSP need to remove. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can disable them in the dts file

0 Kudos

Jimmychea
Contributor III

I would like to optimize the BSP which is meta-imx.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you just disable these peripherals, you just disable them in the kernel, then when you build the bsp again, the driver about these peripherals wouldn't been load and build, these peripherals are belong to the kernel, they don't have standalone bb file

0 Kudos

Jimmychea
Contributor III

ya i knew those are not standalone bb file, however i would like to optimize the BSP (meta-imx or meta-bsp) if some of the feature have been removed. Example, if my custom board without wifi, so when i bitbake to generate the final image should also doesn't have the wifi firmware / configuration. Therefore, my question is which bb or bbappend files should i modify or remove in order those wifi firmware or configuration will not be included when bitbake.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you don't need to modify the bb file, for example, if you need disable WIFI, you can refer to the chapter 4.13.5 Menu Configuration Options of enclosed file, just remove them in the configure file

0 Kudos