How to get display using IPU's DI1 port on LVDS uisng platform SDK code?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get display using IPU's DI1 port on LVDS uisng platform SDK code?

Jump to solution
johnturnur
Contributor III

Hello All,

I am working on multiple display requirement using platform SDK V1.1.0 of IMX6Q. Current code of platform SDK sets IPU to use DI0 Port( by default)  and we get display using DI0 on LVDS panel. We have connected the LVDS panel on both port of IMX6Q and get the same display content on both LVDS panel.

We want to display different content on each LVDS panel. What is the code changed required for that?

Current Platform SDK code supports to display different content on each LVDS panel?

Is  current platform SDK's  IMOUX settings enable only DI0 port ? If yes, how to enable DI1 port using mux settings?

Please help on this.

Thanks,

John.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

please check the attached patch. It is supported through the kernel command line option with that patch applied.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John

I have tried changing the ldb_config options in hannstar_lvds_panel_init function to set IPU1_DI0 with LVDS_PORT0 and IPU2_DI0 with LVDS_PORT1 but no success yet. If enabled individually I can display images only on LVDS1 or only in LVDS0 but when enabling both display I can see the content duplicated as you mentioned (even when LVDS_DUAL_PORT has been change for the above settings)

The only way I have been able to display a different image in both displays is by enabling the LVDS_SPLIT_PORT.

Here it seems that first 16bits in the frame buffer are sent to LVDS0 and next 16bits to LVDS1, so it is a little bit complicated and actually the width resolution is split between the 2 LVDS, so you have half of the width resolution in each display.

You can verify this mode with the patch attached.

Apply the attached patch that shows this approach (SPLIT MODE)

Build the ipu unit test:

# ./tools/build_sdk -t mx6dq -b sabre_ai -v c -a sdk_unit_test -test ipu

Copy the .bin output to your SD card

# sudo dd if=output/mx6dq/sdk_unit_test/sabre_ai_rev_c/sdk_unit_test_ipu.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2 skip=2 conv=fsync

Boot from SD Card and run the test 0 from IPU you should see on display only with blue background and the other display should have the FSL logo over a red background.

I will continue investigating. It should be a proper way to configure separate buffers for each LVDS.

Meanwhile you can try the patch and let me know if you find something by your own.

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

please check the attached patch. It is supported through the kernel command line option with that patch applied.

Thanks

0 Kudos