How to configure the SW6 DIP switch to flash a program image on IMx6DQ SABRE SDB target? Is there any documentation availabe for DIP swich configuration for the SABRE SDB board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the SW6 DIP switch to flash a program image on IMx6DQ SABRE SDB target? Is there any documentation availabe for DIP swich configuration for the SABRE SDB board?

anandkumar
Contributor I

How to configure the SW6 DIP switch to flash a program image on IMx6DQ SABRE SDB target? Is there any documentation availabe for DIP swich configuration for the SABRE SDB board? I am able to load a image using the SD card.

Labels (4)
4 Replies

JunqiYu
Contributor II

Where can I get the file  "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf" and related resources from NXP?

0 Kudos

JunqiYu
Contributor II

Thank u for your response rapidly.That's useful.

Another question:

What need to do to the SD card first If I burn the SD card?For example, does it need to be formatted into a specific format, and does it require partitioning?

With the same question,What need I  do If I burn EMMC ?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 SDP / SDB design does not support the Serial Downloader mode directly.

According to section 4.1 (How to Enter Serial Download Mode for MFGTool)

of "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf" :

"No dedicated boot dips are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD

boards. Therefore, a tricky method is used to enter serial download mode. For example,

set boot mode as SD3 boot (SW6 dip 2, 7 on others are off). Do not insert SD card into

SD3 slot, and power on the board. After "HID- Compliant device" is detected, it means

that the board has entered serial download mode. Insert the SD card into SD3 slot.

Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, for example, set all

the dips of SW6 to off."

JunqiYu
Contributor II

Where can I find the file  "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf"?

0 Kudos