Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a Bootable SD FIT Image ?

Jump to solution
tengri
Contributor IV

Dear All,

How do we prepare a bootable single image (like a pre-built ubuntu image) out of kernel uImage, compiled rootfs (rootfs.cpio.gz -> uramdisk.img) and uboot ? rootfs was compiled using Buildroot ....

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuradha

please check attached Yocto Guide and below link

Installing Ubuntu Rootfs on NXP i.MX6 boards | NXP Community 

Freescale Yocto Project main page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuradha

please check attached Yocto Guide and below link

Installing Ubuntu Rootfs on NXP i.MX6 boards | NXP Community 

Freescale Yocto Project main page 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

tengri
Contributor IV

Dear Igor,

Hi, I was able to get an SD card with partitions including uboot, rootfs and dtb file. When I inserted it to imx6 sabrelite board, in the uboot prompt, how can I set the environment parameters to get the kernel boot ? Without any configurations, first the uboot (I think this prompt comes from NAND flahed uboot - not the one I put in the sd boot partition ?) asks for a 6x_bootscript and hangs as it's not included in the SD image. How can resolve this ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuradha

please post this to

https://boundarydevices.com/tag/ubuntu/ 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos