cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use UIBC in WFDSink?

dongwoonchoi
Contributor I

Hello.

I've got a WFDSink source package from the local FAE.

(android_KK4.4.3_2.0.0-ga_omxplayer_source.tar.gz / android_KK4.4.3_2.0.0-ga_wfdsink_source.tar.gz)

I tested it successfully in i.mx6dq sabresd board.

But I could not check UIBC in WFDSink application.

According as "i.MX_Android_Extended_Wi-Fi_Display_Sink_Release_Notes.pdf" document, the UIBC(touch, mouse, and key events) is supported.

How can I use UIBC(touch, mouse, and key events) in WFDSink application?

Please let me know about it.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

harekrishnaroy
Contributor III

Hi Haoran,

Could you tell me freescale  android WFDSink or WFDSource supports multi-touch UIBC or not ?

0 Kudos

haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Choi,

I'm the UIBC parts designer in Android Wifi Display.

The wifi display Source support UIBC feature and it's OK with our sink.

Could you please tell us your test environment? Such like source device model, source device Android version or wifi module model.

I'll keep following with this issue.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos

dongwoonchoi
Contributor I

Hi Haoran,

Thanks for your reply.

Below are my test environment.

1. Source device is Samsung Galaxy S4. (Android KK 4.4.2)

2. WiFi module is Realtek 8188cu. (USB type)

3. Sink device is Freescale i.mx6dq sabresd. (Android KK 4.4.3)

BRs,

Choi

0 Kudos

haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Choi,

I cannot make sure whether Samsung Galaxy S4 support UIBC feature in its kk4.4.2 Android OS.

So could you please help to confirm it? Once Samsung Galaxy S4 support UIBC I'll take time to have a check with the compatibility with it.

In fact our Freescale Android KK4.4.3 support UIBC in its wifi display source. You can verify it.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos

dongwoonchoi
Contributor I

Hi Haoran,

Yes, Samsung Galaxy S4 support UIBC feature in kk4.4.2 Android OS.

I confirmed that in another sink device(Telechips).

By the way, how can I get the package of WFD source?

Thanks.

BRs,

Choi

0 Kudos

haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Choi,

1. For Samsung Galaxy S4, we do not have it in our office. I'll try to find one and have the feature debug.

2. For WFD source, it is integrated as default in kk4.4.3. You can enable it on "Settings-->Display-->Cast screen".

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos

dongwoonchoi
Contributor I

Hi Haoran,

I verified UIBC is working between Freescale source and sink devices.

But it is not working with other devices.

Please let me know if there are any updates.

Thanks.

BRs,

Choi

0 Kudos

haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Choi,

I've checked the Galaxy S5 with our Wifi Display Sink, we have something not compatible with Galaxy S5 in UIBC. We'll try to fix the issue.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos

Henry_p
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Haoran,

My customer reported same issue and wants to have thee patch for UIBC incompatibility issue.

If you already have the patch, could you let me have it?

Regards,

Henry.

0 Kudos

haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Henry,

Could you please provide more detail about the issue? For example the source end model.

In fact we've found the root cause of the issue: The Android Framework network session socket for UIBC will package some additional info in the packet sometime. We will find a way to resolve the issue. But before start the work we need to collect more information about the UIBC supported source device.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos

jimmylee
Contributor I

Hi Haoran,

Our company has reported UIBC issue to Henry. We have failed to send touch input on our WFD sink device to any source device we have tested via UIBC. Below is the list of smart phone we have tested. We are not sure that all source devices we have tested support UIBC.

Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 5, LG View

Our WFD sink device has been developing based on i.MX6 Dual and NXP Android 5.1.1_2.1.0 release and android_L5.1.1_2.1.0_ga_wfdsink.

And it use murata module(BCM89335) as a Wi-Fi/BT module.

BRs,

Jimmy Lee

0 Kudos

haoranwang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jimmy,

I'm sure that Nexus doesn't have UIBC support in WiFi Display. Didn't test the other phone you list with NXP WFD sink. I think the WiFi Display UIBC will have better compatibility quality in next release. We will have more test phones to validate this feature.

Thanks.

BRs,

Haoran

0 Kudos