cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobbit board IMX6Q MFGTOOL2 Install Ubuntu

kovzone
Contributor I

Dear All,

I have Hobbit board from POSLAB, and I have the mfgtools for this board from the vendor to install ubuntu on hobbit board. I turn the board on with serial downloader mode, then I open mfgtool2.exe. The device is detected, then I click 'Start'. It finish smoothly. I click stop, it's said "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device". But when I restart with eMMC boot, it shows nothing. Even not detected on usbtreeview. Any suggestion? The mfgtools.log attached.

Edit:
Not sure, but now, after restart, it was detected as USB Input Device - HID (even I'm not boot it as Serial Downloader Mode).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

which .vbs do you choose? try to confirm if you use the correct settings for emmc, maybe your tool's default setting is for sd card, pls double  check it.

0 Kudos

kovzone
Contributor I

It's not using vbs, it's custom from the POSLAB. It's called "Ubuntu-SabreSD-eMMC" on the LIST. In case you want to know the ucl2.xml, it's attached.

I've tried also using mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc.vbs from NXP, the oneiric.tgz become the source of the problem. I changed it with trusty.tgz from POSLAB, and it's finished smoothly, but still, after restart, it's nothing. I've tried to install the board with Android using mfgtool, it's working.

0 Kudos

kovzone
Contributor I

Our company need to develop this board into Linux (Ubuntu, Arch Linux, or Debian) because we will need thousands of it for our client.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't have the third party board to test for you, when you program ubuntu image to board by mfgtoo, is it sucessful? any log file for that?

"after restart, it's nothing" do you mean that you couldn't get any uboot information? how about try to use dd command?

0 Kudos

kovzone
Contributor I

Have you check the mfgtool.log at the first post? Yes, it's successful. What kind of log do you mean? I don't know, it's just nothing detected from the board. USB didn't detect any device. How could I get the uboot information? From terminal like Hyperterminal or Tera Term? I'm still working on enabling the uart communication, because the board only have USB-OTG port. No USB-to-UART. I'll purchase RS232 to USB, i hope it'll works.

Here's the Mfgtools I used if you want to check it. 
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 

0 Kudos