Hello,

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

raghavendrajama
Contributor I

Can i use 4 analog camera's with Imx6 Quad processor and stream them at a time.?

There are 4 CSI signals available. but how can i use them to connect 4 camera's.

If i do so, Can i able to stream them at the same time?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, the i.MX6 it is able to handle up to 4 cameras,  but this four cameras are using the CSI interface which it is a digital interface, I do not quite understand that you are mention Analog cameras, that can no be connect to the CSI port directly you need to add some kind of encoder to do so.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

raghavendrajama
Contributor I

Hello James,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i thought of using ADV7280-M video decoders in between analog camera and the processor which will convert camera output to CSI.

My question is, can i able to stream all of them simultaneously? If yes, How can i take use of 4 CSI signals to achieve my requirement.

I mean i think to stream all the camera at the same time we need 4 CSI signals with 4 video decoders and 2 I2C. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. Else suggest me with the new mode of connecting CSI signals to achieve this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes you are correct, you need to have 4 CSI to achieve to stream simultaneously, and the i.MX6 only has 2. but one of them can be used as CSI-Mipi which allows to have the four cameras. So if you can use a video decoder to provide MIPI then you can do it.

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos