Hardware accelerated Java machine (JRE) for i.MX53 ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware accelerated Java machine (JRE) for i.MX53 ...

flaviosuligoi
Contributor III

Hi all,

I need information about how/where to find an hw accelerate JRE, with a browser plugin for Firefox/Chromium/Midori, for the i.MX53.

I have to use a web browser on an i.MX53 board, to visualize some pages from a web server. These pages require an Oracle JRE (unfortunately these pages doesn't work with OpenJDK)

I tested all the system with Firefox, Midori and Chromium using both the Oracle ejre1.6.0_38 and the ejre1.7.0_10 (with their web browser plugin), and all of them work, but very very slowly.

Some pages require tens of seconds before a complete visualization and the jre process takes the 99% of the CPU.

So I hope to find a JRE able to take advantage of the hw Java acceleration of the i.MX53 processor (Jazelle, ThumEE, ...), but I didn't find anything yet.

Did someone find a this kind of JRE ?

Thanks and best regards,

Flavio

Labels (3)
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately the i.MX53 does not have a HW acelerated module,  we can recommend to use the i.MX31 which already contains the Jazzelle.

http://www.freescale.com/iMX31

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flaviosuligoi
Contributor III

Hi Jaime,

thank you for your help, but I'm a little bit confused now, since Jazelle is one of the Cortex A8 features and since in the manual:

"i.MX53 Multimedia Applications Processor Reference Manual"(Document Number: iMX53RM - Rev. 2.1, 06/2012)

at page 614 you can see:

Jazelle RCT Java-acceleration technology to optimize Just In Time (JIT) and

Dynamic Adaptive Compilation (DAC), and reduce memory footprint by up to

three times

imx53_manual_jazelle.png

So is the manual wrong?

Best regards,

Flavio

0 Kudos