Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Interlaced Modes

Jump to solution
jonchaps
Contributor II

Hello,

After applying the interlaced mode patches posted at Patch for iMX6 BSP to support interlaced display on HDMI and LCD interface, I've encountered issues while trying to perform HDMI compliance testing for interlaced modes. The first issue appears to be with the 4th patch. With the 4th patch applied the HDMI output will generate an invalid field every other field. It appears that one of the lines is cut short at the end of the field. Once this patch is reverted the remaining issue appears to be that the H to V offset is invalid. When operating in 1080i@60 we get an H to V value of 1101 and 1 depending on the field. These should be 1100 and 0 since the VSYNC should happen during the same clock cycle as the HSYNC. I've tried manipulating various parameters of the IPU timing generation signals but havent found a way to correct the H to V offset. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jon, we haven't checked the interlace signal by some measurement device, maybe there is still timing issue, I will check it.

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A new patch for interlaced HDMI display mode had been released at Patch for iMX6 BSP to support interlaced display on HDMI and LCD interface

From my test, it had fixed the timing issue for CEA-861-D specification.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jon,

We are discussion your issue internally we expect to provide an update soon.

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The patch to fix this issue had been released in Patch for iMX6 BSP to support interlaced display on HDMI and LCD interface.

0 Kudos
jonchaps
Contributor II

Hello Qiang Li,

I posted this in the patch thread already, but I'm repeating it here in case the other thread isn't being watched:

Unfortunately there still appears to be an issue. This patch doesn’t have the same issues the previous “patch 4” had, but it still has a problem where the VSYNC signal is offset by one pixel clock from where it should be. The CEA-861 specification states that the VSYNC should be perfectly aligned with the HSYNC signal plus or minus zero pixel clocks for field 1. For field 2 the VSYNC should be Htotal/2 pixel clocks from the leading edge of the HSYNC signal plus or minus zero pixel clocks. In both cases the VSYNC is 1 pixel clock too late.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jon, yes, there is still issue remained, I'm checking it.

0 Kudos
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I had tried many parameters, although the HDMI display can show the screen, the measured signal is still not align with CEA-861 specification, I need more time to tune it.

0 Kudos