cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics quality in inflexion ui

Lyven
Contributor II

Dear all

Finally, I'm in the stage of designing my own UI. For the background I'm using some sort of gradient texture. I notice that it looks quite good in my illustrator, but on my device the quality is quite bad. The image seperates my gradient into straight lines with different shades of the same color. It's like the amount of colors is limited or the bit depth is not sufficient. The i.MX53 QSB is powerfull enough to handle a png like this. The quality of the png i made is also very high, so I think, I might be missing something out in inflexion ui? 

Is this normal because, the gradient in the inflexion ui demo (in the buttons) looks much nicer than my gradient, of course mine is 1024*768 so a lot bigger.

thanks in advance

kind regards

Lieven

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

MateenHasan
Contributor I

Hi Lieven,

Which LCD screen/display are you using? Can you please check the boot parameter and verify the RGB mode? It would be better to have 24/32 BPP support under the display.

Secondly, what settings are you using UIX for the background? If you haven’t modifified any settings, then its probably not using the PNG format and converting to internal compressed format. Under UIX, select the background image, then under Properties->Packager Settings->General (or the currently active settings)->Translation Tool and select “none”. By setting it to “none”, it will use the original format of the image which in your case would be PNG.

Regards,
Mateen

0 Kudos