Mfgtool host tool is uploaded to the forum now. You can revise the tool to add your own functionality, and do debug work by yourself if you meet issues.
The tool need below environment to compile:
2. Windows XP/7 SDK
3. Windows XP/7 WDK
For details, please refer to Build_Requirements.docx in mfgtools\Apps\MfgTool.exe\docs
And any feedback about the tool is appreciated!
Thank you a lot.
I somehow missed it.
I now see the link is exposed in the Software & Tools tab of the i.MX6Q page under Hardware Development Tools -> Programmers (Flash, etc.)
I could not find MFG tool source link. I want to debug the MFGTool for iMX28 (Windows CE). I could able to find the source code for iMX6 for Linux and android but not for Windows CE iMX28.
Hi Xingyu Li,
the download link is still broken as Gregory and Paul already reported.
I would be glad too, if you could provide us a new link for the sources.
The code is already available on the external web page.
Here under the Programmer section they can the source code for the 2.0 version.
Here also under the Programmer section they can the source code for the 1.0 version.
Thanks for your reminding. I transferred to FAE team almost two years ago. Lu lin is responsible for Mfgtool development now.
Could you help maintain this topic(i.e. provide source code for both Mfgtool 1.x and Mfgtool 2.x)? Thanks.
Starle Li /李星宇
Freescale GSM i.MX China Support
Please supply an updated link. The links provided in this thread are dead-ends. Searches in the forum just turn up discussions relating to problems or use cases for MfgTool, but not the source.
I'm sorry, but that question is outside of my expertise. My experience is really with the Windows application. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the i.MX53 QSB can help.
Ok, thanks I'll look into that; however, I'm beginning to wonder if what I want to do is legit...
I wanna build a bootmonitor image (say bootmonitor.elf), convert it to the "program image" format (section 7.6 of RM) and just take a QSB, put it in "boot from UART" mode, then use the serial download protocol (discussed in 7.8.3 of iMX53RM.pdf) to download that image using the WriteFile and Completed commands.
Should I be able to do this to boot a "raw" (no SD card installed) QSB from scratch?
1. Those files are part of the Microsoft Windows Driver Kit (WDK). I think there is a Build_Requirements.docx in mfgtools\Apps\MfgTool.exe\docs that should explain how to setup inlcude paths after you install the WDK.
2. The tool doesn't create different firmware images. It just processes script instructions in the ucl.xml file. Typically the commands are some type of (Linux/WinCE) commands to partition the boot media and then copy down the various firmware files to the appropriate places on the newly partitioned media.
Couple of questions:
1. Has anyone downloaded and built this? I just downloaded the source and tried to build it using VS2008, and apparently a few files (usbiodef.h, hidsdi.h, scsi.h) are missing. Is the .zip file up to date or did I just not read something?
2.Does this tool take a .elf image as input and create the "Program Image" (as discussed in section 7.6 of the imx53RM?
tx in advance,
1) I have read your Mfgtool Roadmap presentation .You are mentioning about three methods .
One of them is Mfgtool-SD. Which may be the solution for me.
My case :
I 'didnt connect the USB bus of the i.mx53 .The USB port on my board is actually a serial port of the i.mx53 which are connected to eachother over an USB-RS232 converter chip.
I want to install the uboot.bin etc into the brandnew SDcard and boot from SDcard .
May I use your tool for this purpose ? Is the link below the latest version including MfgTool-SD ?
2) May I create the bootable SD-card on my LTIB devolopment PC ( by creating partitions and copying uboot.bin to SDcard) and insert into the custom HW SDcard slot - without using the Mfg Tool?