Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with i.MX 28 EVK

Jump to solution
engine
Contributor I

Hi!

I've got aan i.MX28 EVK, and I have to implement a whole bunch of C programs, for that I need to run at least a 'hello world', for that I get would to format the SD card with the newst OS and using a PUTTY writing the program that I need, my problem is that I don't find a documentation that can help me do that . can anybody help me with that, I'll be thankfull1

Best regards!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Freescale does not have Debian Root File System available.  But we have Ubuntu for our boards, but it should be just to get the package from Debian.and use our Kernel to have the board up and running.

FYI. You have also  GNOME graphic interface in the Linux BSP package which I think can be also a another option for you

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ganeshh
Contributor III

Hello engine

Follow this link

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93394

It describes and provides the links to download BSP Source and DOCs

engine
Contributor I

@Ganesh H ,

thanks a lot for your answer , is it possible to get debian on the board ?

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Freescale does not have Debian Root File System available.  But we have Ubuntu for our boards, but it should be just to get the package from Debian.and use our Kernel to have the board up and running.

FYI. You have also  GNOME graphic interface in the Linux BSP package which I think can be also a another option for you

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ganeshh
Contributor III

engine

No idea about that..