cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU issue in MCIMX6S5DVM10AC

santhiya
Contributor I

Hi NXP Team,

We have SOMs that run on AOSP Kitkat (kernel 3.0.35). These SOMs have been working fine in the field initially but in recent times we have received some SOMs that are experiencing GPU related failures. The SOMs tend to reboot after the log below is encountered

"GPU[0](ChipModel=0x880 ChipRevision=0x5106):"

We have around 10 units returned with this failure within a short span and is impacting our deliverables. We request NXP's support to debug and resolve this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1). kernel 3.0.35 is too old. Is it possible to upgrade to newer version of BSP.

2). I cannot see any related GPU error from the log. Could you do more test to narrow down the issue?

0 Kudos

santhiya
Contributor I

Hi @jimmychan,

Upgrading the kernel version is not an option for us. We would like to have this resolved in 3.0.35 itself. Regarding the logs, please take a look at line# 591 from the attached log (refer the pic below). That is exactly where the boot process is stuck. After a couple of seconds, the SOM reboots.GPU_dmesg_log_Snap.png

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Base on the limited information, It is really hard to determine where is the problem.

As you all the boards are running the same image, few of them are having problem. Is all the failed board hang at the same place? Could you compare boot log between the "good" board and the "bad" board?

Some suggestions:

1. You may try to swap the processor between "good" and "bad" boards.

2. Compare the boot up log between "good" and "bad" boards.

0 Kudos