Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU hang issue

peteramond
Contributor V

Hi@Yuri Muhin

Thanks for your response.

I encountered a problem with my iMX6Q custom hardware design with Linux version 4.1.15-1.0.0_ga+yocto+g76c24a0. System was stable 2 days and worked properly for long time. Suddenly I encountered following problem. I have an issue with GPU during launch cameras (System stuck).

Camera launch >> gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! autovideosink

Error message >> [galcore]: GPU[0] hang, automatic recovery.

As well as I could figure out following. I have done some testing to narrow down the issue.

I can get videos using imxg2dvideosink which uses 2D GPU without any conflict. But when run imxeglvivsink which uses 3D GPU the system gets GPU hang. So it seems like 3D GPU section has damaged. But the reason is this system performed well 2 days without any conflict.

Can we imagine some thing happened to 3D GPU section ? What can be the cause of this issue ? According to my knowledge this looks like hardware problem. Do I have any thing to do to clarify this problem ?

Regards,

Peter.

1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please check if i.MX6 power supply ripple noise  is proper (5%) on Your board.

Pay attention minimum 85mohm external ESR is required for VDD_HIGH_CAP(H10,J10)

Please refer to EB814 for detailed.

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB814.pdf 

You may try the recent BSP

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Summary page :

i.MX Software and Development Tools|NXP 

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------