Future Nokia ICS QT Seminar Series Spring 2010

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Nokia ICS QT Seminar Series Spring 2010

iafg
Contributor IV

Future Electronics, Nokia’s Qt Development Frameworks and Integrated Computer Solutions (ICS) Team Up to Present Workshop on Developing Sophisticated User
Interfaces for Freescale i.MX-based Applications

Montreal, Canada – April 20, 2010 – The capability to deliver advanced user interfaces and web interaction is a new experience for many embedded software developers who are used to dealing with very basic and static user interfaces because of cost or performance constraints. The most innovative approach to embedded application development comes from the Qt cross-platform
application and UI Framework from Nokia.

This workshop provides an accelerated day of learning about the most modern interface options on embedded multimedia devices. After attending this session, a developer will have worked hands-on with hardware, plus built and debugged an application with an advanced user interface. In addition to building this sample application the attendee will understand the next steps required to develop even more sophisticated user interfaces and rich multimedia systems.

Dates and Locations:

May 18 Boston, MA

May 25 Irvine, CA

May 27 San Jose, CA

June 15 Dallas, TX

June 17 Minneapolis, MN

July 15 Toronto, ON

$149US per student includes all course materials (VM, Videos, Lab & Presentation Files) continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments. For more information or to
register, visit www.FutureElectronics.com/Freescale.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

iafg
Contributor IV
Top Ten List why you should be interested in learning more about Qt ================================================= 10 - Qt is one of the "Hot Three" software technologies today gaining traction globally with Widgets and "convergence" and other buzzwords. The choices are: Google Android(Java), Apple Apps, Nokia+IBM=Moblin+Maemo=MeeGo(Qt). Unlike the others Qt works with Android, (maybe Apple?) and many others. Qt is also appropriate even for simple things. 9 - You can also write your PC application also using Qt. (i.e. nothing to do with embedded), AND you can re-use the same code from your PC application on your embedded device and vice versa if appropriate. 8 - You can prototype on a PC or MAC before any hardware is even ready, and use a "virtual mock up" of your product too. 7 - Qt makes it easy to demo to marketing what your product might look like without writing any code. 6 - When you change your hardware your Qt program can stay the same. (i.e future upgrade from i.MX233 to i.MX51) 5 - Runs on multiple Operating Systems: Windows, MAC, Linux, QNX, ARM, MIPS, X86.......and sometimes even without an OS (Aura) 4 - Qt fits the most simple interface (plain 2D sliders and button) to the most graphically complex (shiny, flipping, 3D spinning/bouncing buttons and images and video) and yet Qt is fast - (i.e can use pre-rendered fonts on resource constrained devices, or take advantage of hardware acceleration resources like OpenVG and OpenGL) 3 - Strong Support: Rich History. You can find developers. Vibrant community worldwide. There is lots of support options available (ICS, Trolltech, Nokia). There is strong support for Linux on embedded devices (ICS). You will get your hardware running quickly. 2 - Qt can integrate web resources into your product - (i.e Show Google maps on your device - Where is the delivery truck, When is the service guy coming.) 1 - Qt is both Free (LGPL License) and Commercial - Your choice!
0 Kudos

iafg
Contributor IV
Details of these events are now loaded in the Events section on imxcommunity.org. These are just the first few cities of this seminar series. Please let us know if you would like to see one in your area. Regards - iain
0 Kudos