Freescale iMX537 memory question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale iMX537 memory question

Chicago1984
Contributor II

Our Freescale iMX537 is connected to flash memory.  Sometimes if we corrupt the flash memory, we can’t assert control of the iMX537 with a debugger. If we change the boot  mode to serial instead of flash, the processor will at least talk to the debugger, but flash looks like non CFI compliant part.     So far the only way we have found to get around this is by removing and replacing the flash chip,  but we shouldn’t have to.  We should be able to just erase the flash and start over.    I can provide details about the flash chip, but the processor should have total control over it, it’s just flash.  Is there any insight someone can provide us? Or has anyone run into this before?   Is there some register that is getting set in the iMX that would cause flash not to be recognized?  (We are not using the fuse settings, we configure the chip with external resistors).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shahzad,

for jtag connection with i.MX53 (and other i.MX processors)

Freescale recommends only USB/UART mode (other modes connection may be

unreliable), reason explained below :

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.faqs/ka11528.html

Some i.MX processors have special boot mode for jtag connection,

for example i.MX28.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos