cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Flash images on IMX6UL

abhijeet_pawar
Contributor I

Hello,

We are facing some issue with flashing images on imx6ul custom board. We are using debug UART & USB for flashing images. After flashing images, we observed board cannot boot and no output appears at serial debug port. As USB port is recognizing so it’s in serial download mode but it not flashing any images. we tried with various flashing tools, please find observation mentioned below:
Note: We are using the HABv4 configuration: OPEN & HAB State: NON-SECURE

1.  MFG_tool 

On Mfgtool the usb is recognized. On GUI we are getting message "Loading Uboot" but it not progressing further.         Even we try to start again the same result we are getting.

In MfgTool.log it shows

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Can't set m_hRunEvent before it initialized or it already run

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.png

2.  Imx_USB_loader

In imx usb loader we tried to flash images but there also we failed. On console we are getting an error message as below

loading DCD table @0x910000

<<<488, 488 bytes>>>

report 3 in err=-7, last_trans=0  00 00 00 00

clear dcd_ptr=0x877ff42c

!!perform_dcd returned -1

do_download failed, err=-1

do_command err=-7, last_trans=0

3.  uuu (Universal Update Utility) tool
      uuu we did same thing to flash images. We can see our board is in serial downloader mode. We are getting the below messages

New USB Device Attached at 2:16

2:16>Start Cmd:SDP: boot -f "./../uboot/u-boot.imx"

209%2:16>Fail HID(R):LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT(1.003s)

So i have few questioned on 

1.  Any way to check if board is in serial downloader mode? If yes, why it is not able to flash?
  2. Any information when we can get such behavior?
  3. Any inputs on DCD error & way to resolve?
  4. Can you suggest how to read internal register to check/verify the configuration registers?
    ( I have tried to modify the imx_sdp.c & added the "read_memory(dev, 0x21bc000, (unsigned char *)&test, 4)" to get the values. But as per console I am getting "read_memory: 0 addr=021bc000, val=00 00 00 00".)

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijeet Pawar

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

designteam
Contributor I

did you get this resolved? i am seeing the same thing

0 Kudos

jasonpowell_2
Contributor III

Hi Abhijeet ,

Could you please explain with detailed steps how did you flash images using debug UART serial port? On my Nano EVK board the USB-C appears to be the only option for serial download. I would like to use micro-B port to flash uboot and related files or boot it using this micro-B port. I built uuu in Visual Studio 2017, but could not find the way to redirected to the micro-B port.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijeet

please provide additional details:

1. had board passed ddr test ?

i.MX 6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool  

2. where were flashed images, emmc, nand or some other device ?

3. what bsp used, is it from nxp source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx  repository

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel  or some other ?

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

abhijeet_pawar
Contributor I

Hello igorpadykov,

Please below information

1. had board passed ddr test ?

-> It was not passed it shows write_dcd failed.even i try with unticking verify dcd address.

2. where were flashed images, emmc, nand or some other device ?

-> it was flashed emmc.

3. what bsp used, is it from nxp source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx  repository

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel  or some other ?

-> No its different.

Thanks,

Abhijeet Pawar

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijeet 

for " write_dcd failed" error one can look at FAQ

Q. I see an error message that states "ERROR: DCD addr is out of valid range.", why is this and how do I resolve?

A. Sometimes, when using the register programming aid, there are registers writes that are not supported in the DCD range.  Try looking for the following items and comment them out from the DDR initialization script:

wait = on
setmem /16 0x020bc000 = 0x30 // disable watchdog (note the address for this may be different between i.MX6x devices)

Also this may be harwdare issue, suggest to attach jtag and try to read/write on registers. memory and

toggle pins.

For support for non-nxp software may be suggested to proceed with help of

Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

shivakumar1
Contributor II

Hi

Did you resolved your flashing problem? I am facing a same issue.

Regards

shivakumar L V

Tags (1)
0 Kudos