Efficient way to draw static geometries in OpenVG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficient way to draw static geometries in OpenVG

ali_sarlak
Contributor III

The issue is that I wanted to draw a dynamic 2D image and some static labels on the image (the static label doesn’t need to change in each swap buffer) I assume that it’s not efficient to draw the static labels each time when the background image is changing so what is the best approach to draw?

I tried these two ways:

1-I draw the label each time.

2-Use of eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer and bind it to VGImage then paint on VGImage and then show the VGImage.

The things that was weird to me was realizing that:

a) The first approach is faster than the second one!

b) When you use the eglCreatePbufferFromClientBuffer you cannot use of antialiasing that set in EGLConfig so your font was untidy!(At least I couldn’t use it with antialiasing)

I just know these two ways to draw, I look forward to any new idea for drawing efficiently and also I appreciate anybody that explain (a) and (b) to me.

Extra information:

SOC: IMX6Q

OPENVG VERSION:1.0.1

Sincerely,

Ali

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Actually my problem is the same as https://community.freescale.com/thread/302847?db=5 that sunil99​ Asked in 2012 I want to use of GC320 in order to merge results of the other GPUs but I can't find any Gal2D API that igorpadykov​ said, also if you read the whole thread you'll notice that many people get confused and they cannot found any suitable resources to solve their problems ,but as art​ said I can just use of G2D but I'm leery of using G2D, can access to GC320 to merge results of the other GPUs.

So the question is which API  and library/libraries(libg2d.so or something else) can access to GC320?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basically, it seems to be the good idea to use Alpha blending feature to combine static and dynamic images.

Please refer to attached document for the information on the graphics features the L3.0.35 BSP provides and that are supported with hardware acceleration.

Also, the good idea is to migrate to later Linux BSPs that provide more integrated and feature-rich graphics features.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Dear art

The one thing that I didn't get is the role of GC320 (CPC) http://www.vivantecorp.com/en/technology/composition.html that exists in IMX6 and how to access to this hardware core (as you know it has overlay feature according to the above link).

Is G2D API is for working with GC320 or not ?As I read your attached document name "i.MX_6_G2D API" the functions supported by G2D is really close to CPC supported functions, could you please explain it more?

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos