Developer Resources for Android Customisation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Resources for Android Customisation?

christiantreczo
Contributor I

Hi!

I've got an iMX6 based dev board for android, and I need to customize some things for our product. But I cannot find any usable resources/documents on this topic. Android seems to be App, App, and App again, but if you need to deal with the low level stuff, you only get a "leaflet" telling you how to compile the stuff from an Android BSP and copy it to the SD, but no further help.

So, for example, I stubled about the "navigation bar problem". When I used the desktop monitor or the large touch screen with a 1280x800 resolution, the navigation bar with the home and back button is there. If I use the lower resolution display (or the HDMI with a sumulated lower resolution) with 800x480, the navigation bar is gone. Somewhere in the Android source jungle there must be a constant or configured value that tells Android from which height it is allowed to have a navigation bar. But hwere can I find documentation on that? Where should I start?

Or: This dev board, as well as the final product, has no battery. But it still cries for a charger, and if I don't mark "don't sleep" in the developers options, it reboots after a few minutes. How cann I tell Android that a charger is not necessary? I could not find any resources on this - its all app, apps, apps, or "how to prolong my battary life", but nothing for adaption on a specific hardware.

Any tips for my specific problems? Any hints or resources to get insights into adapting/configuring Android?

Yours,

Christian Treczoks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Android Developers resource:

http://developer.android.com/index.html

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos