DDR Tool without USB access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Tool without USB access

tom_perman
Contributor III

Can the  i.MX8 MSCALE SERIES DDR Tool, which is used for DRAM calibration and stress testing, be used without USB?

Our final board, using the iMX8MM, does not have USB access, but will still have UART access. My understanding was that the USB is simply used as a boot source, in order that the tool can load the right image. Could the image required be loaded through other means?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately the test image running on the target board its downloaded trough USB (serial downloader) by the tool, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos

tom_perman
Contributor III

Hi Aldo,

I could arrange for this test image to be loaded by other means.  I'm assuming the binary images in the "bin" folder are those being loaded. 

Is the source for the DDR Tool available so that we can re-engineer this test in a way that works for our board? (my company has an NDA in place if that helps)

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos

tom_perman
Contributor III

Hi,

I have discovered that for the iMX6/7 a similar tool existed with options for running the test using JTAG or from within uboot. Both of these could be viable options in our application. 

Can you confirm whether these are under development for the iMX8MM?

Thanks,

Tom 

0 Kudos