Creating a debug version of Android kernel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a debug version of Android kernel

LarryLamb1z
Contributor II

I’m working with the Adeneo i.MX53 QSB BSP for Android Gingerbread (v4.0).  I’m trying to create a debug image of the Android kernel by updating the configuration through ‘make xconfig’.  When I run the 'build_android' shell script for just the kernel, the config reverts back to the original distribution version.  Any suggestions for building a kernel image with debug symbols?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

LarryLamb1z
Contributor II

I followed your instructions and generated a debug kernel image.  I think I also see what was occurring with the overwriting of the .config file, namely it was always going back to the configuration file 'imx5_android_defconfig'.  I never updated this latter file for the kernel debug settings.

0 Kudos

rlorriaux
Contributor I

You can just uncomment the part of the script that builds the kernel and build it yourself.

I am puzzled though, because the script looks for an existing .config so it should not change what you have configured. Are you sure that you are actually using the kernel that you have built (you want to check the build date when the kernel boots)?

0 Kudos