cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure ethernet PHY on second MAC

iMxGuy
Contributor II

Hi,

We have a custom designed board where the ethernet phy is connected to the second ethernet mac on the i.MX28. The first MAC is not used and the pins are not configured for it but the platform data is still defined for it in the device.c file. I can start the interface eth0 and it detects the phy okay but I cannot get it to either transmit or receive data. I am getting a connection LED and a 100M speed LED light on the ethernet connector and the connection LED is blinking when it tries to send data. I put a scope on the ENET1_TX_EN pin and it never changes state. I used wireshark and I see no packets being transmitted and I do not receive an IP address from DHCP.  I am thinking the problem is that the driver is trying to drive the MAC0 instead of the MAC1 which is attached to the phy. I am using the LAN8720A phy, the same as on the EVK board. Anyone know how to modify the fec.c or device.c files to make this configuration work?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

thanks for posting this Mike!

br,

Vladan

0 Kudos

iMxGuy
Contributor II
Here is my fec.c file in case anyone else needs to make this change. Look at function fec_enet_mii_probe

usmansaeed
Contributor I

hey Mike,

can you point out exactly where you did the change, please?

0 Kudos

iMxGuy
Contributor II
I got it working. I had to modify the fec.c file. It assumes the index of my phy matches the mac which is not true in my case.
0 Kudos