Component Usuage for iMX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Usuage for iMX6

sarasur
Contributor II

I am using PEx for first time. I have imported components library from McuOnEclipse download | SourceForge.net Can I use these components for iMX6DL development?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The components that you are mentioning are to be used with ARM microcontrollers (Kinetis), while i.MX6 is an Applications Processor, so they are not compatible. You could take a look at the following link:

Overview: Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

For i.MX6, you have other options like the Linux and Android BSPs.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sarasur
Contributor II

Thank you Carlos for your prompt suggestion.

However I am trying to do bare metal program for LED blink (so Linux and Android BSPs does not solve the purpose). The link Overview: Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse  gives the details about using the components for Kinetis (as you rightly said, however not iMX6).

I have installed PEx v1.1 which shows components library with PinSettings Component only. Check the attached .jpeg

How do I start with bare metal for LED blink?

Best Regards,

Sarang

PEx_plugins.jpg

0 Kudos

alubeiro
Contributor IV

Hi Sarang,

I am in the same situation.

Finally, did you achieve to get or import more components?

I find so wierd that even in the CPU component, one can't configurate any parameter.

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos