cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip for Thermal System

Jump to solution
thermalsystem20
Contributor I

We need a low power chip for a handheld thermal system. The system needs to connected to a VGA 640x480 thermal sensor and pass video to a display of 800x600 resolution. It also needs to be able to overlay symbology, connect to USB and most important is we are looking to have DVR or video compression so the system can record video.

Our initial look at the MX6 shows that the SoloLite and the SoloX both have lower power. The SoloLite looks to not be as good as the SoloX for video encoding and decoding for the DVR aspect.

Any help on chip selection is much appreciated.

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi scott

SoloLite,SoloX do not have vpu and software video encoding may consume

time. Please check attached Release Notes Table 22,23 what is supported

in BSPs. One can also consider i.MX6Solo, as it has vpu

i.MX 6SoloX Migration Guide Migrating from i.MX 6Solo to i.MX 6SoloX

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4815.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi scott

SoloLite,SoloX do not have vpu and software video encoding may consume

time. Please check attached Release Notes Table 22,23 what is supported

in BSPs. One can also consider i.MX6Solo, as it has vpu

i.MX 6SoloX Migration Guide Migrating from i.MX 6Solo to i.MX 6SoloX

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4815.pdf

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos