cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing MMPF0100 voltage through I2C

sanjayanand
Contributor II

Hi,

We are developing our own custom board using IMX6Q referring to Sabre board for smart devices development board.

Linux version is 3.14.28.

We are using MMPF0100 F1 preprogrammed version in our design.

1 ) We have a F1 preprogrammed version MMPF0100 with us and SW3A starts with 1.2 volts  We want to change it to 2.5V how can this be done as the regulator is set for lower voltage change?

we wanted to understand the software flow when

1) We write the a value in 0xB0 (ie the TBBOTP register on

extended page 1 for SW3AVOLT) does the voltage change reflect   

immediately?

2)We write the a value in 0x3c (ie register on functional page for 

SW3AVOLT) does the voltage change reflect immediately?

Our requirement is that we change the SW3A Voltage to 2.5 after it powers on through I2C programming,We want to change the voltage without the MMPF0100 restarting once its powered on. Please give a solution for the same.

Can you also give some insight regarding the following

We understand that in the F1 MMPF0100 version if we change the voltage register in the Functional page it will reflect immediately.

is our understanding correct?

what will happen if we change the voltage in the TBBOTP registers in the extended page 1?

will the voltage change reflect immediately?

if it does not change should we set the 4th and 5th bit in the  OTP LOAD MASK register at 84 in ectended page 1?(with TBB POR=1)

will it then force the voltage chages?

we do not want the MMPF0100 to restart once its powered up

Regards,

Sanjay Anand

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yongxin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanjay Anand,

The voltage does not change immediately when you program TBBOTP register for SW3AVOLT. In the TBB mode, TBBOTP registers are directly written to and used for startup of the MMPF0100. You need to program the TBBOTP register first (SW3AVLOT to 2.5V) and then use the setting for startup (VDDOTP = 0 V and TBB_POR = 1).

You should complete the program descriped in Section 2.3 Try-Before-Buy Mode Example in AN4536 and then restart the MMPF0100, then the setting will be effective.

Best Regards,

Yongxin

0 Kudos