cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture 16-bit

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello!

I have to capture 16-bit YUV422 on our board, I read i.MX53 Multimedia Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 2,.1, 6/2012 (p. 2692):

45.4.3.8 16 bit camera support

Devices that support 16 bit data bus can be connected to the CSI. This can be done in on of the following ways.

16 bit YUV422

In this mode the CSI receives 2 components per cycle. The CSI is programmed to accept the data as 16 bit generic data. The captured data will be stored in the memory through the SMFC. The IDMAC needs to be programmed to store 16bit generic data. When the data is read back from the memory for further processing in the IPU it will be read as YUV422 data.

My configuration:

./memtool -32 0x1E030000 1 //IPU_CSI0_SENS_CONF

Reading 0x1 count starting at address 0x1E030000

0x1E030000: 04004B00

I think CSI0 configured correct, unfortunally captured image is not correct, please see attache.
Major problem - image is divided into four parts and "float".

Unfortunally techical support can't help:

Sorry, since this configuration is not officially supported in FreeScaleBSPs, it is supported only through Community.

Where can I found more information about capture 16-bit YUV422?
What can check in my configuration and what should I see?

Thank you and excuse my bad englsish.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

FreeScale answer:

Looking into the kernel code, you will not be able to find anything related to 16-bit CSI video handling.

So It is a pity but I have to suggest that you switch to 8-bit YUV or to implement the driver.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what camera do you use? how did you test? with unit test? pls send the test steps, any error messages, pls attach it too.

0 Kudos

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello!

Where can I get additional information:
- what 16-bit YUV422 supported IPU - planar(V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV422P) or not (V4L2_PIX_FMT_YYUV), we are have only V4L2_PIX_FMT_YYUV

- what YUV422 will I have on output - planar(V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV422P) or not (V4L2_PIX_FMT_YYUV)

0 Kudos

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello!

I try reconfigure IPU parameters in drivers/mxc/ipu3/ipu_param_mem.h on generic data (ipu_ch_param_set_field(&params, 1, 85, 4, 0x6)).

Unfortunally this is not solve problem, I get green image.

0 Kudos

BrilliantovKiri
Senior Contributor I

Hello!

I use OmniVision OV2715 CMOS, because it output RAW we are convert RAW to YUYV on FPGA. For capture I use Gstreamer mfw_v4lsrc module from gst-fsl-plugin-2.0.3

0 Kudos