Cannot Build gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Build gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx

PaulDeMetrotion
Senior Contributor I

Building a Yocto kernel version 3.14.28 for a custom device. I have tried to add the gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx recipe to my build by adding the following to my local.conf file:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx"

This particular recipe will not build due to the following errors. Anyone know how to fix this?

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/libg2d (/home/pauldemet/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-g2d/gpu-viv-g2d_3.10.17-1.0.2.bb /home/pauldemet/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p4.4-hfp.bb).

This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.

ERROR: The recipe gpu-viv-g2d is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:

/home/pauldemet/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build-c420/tmp/sysroots/imx6dlc420/pkgdata/runtime-reverse/libg2d0.8

Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.

ERROR: Function failed: sstate_task_postfunc

ERROR: Task 106 (/home/pauldemet/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-g2d/gpu-viv-g2d_3.10.17-1.0.2.bb, do_packagedata) failed with exit code '1'

ERROR: Task 102 (/home/pauldemet/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-g2d/gpu-viv-g2d_3.10.17-1.0.2.bb, do_populate_sysroot) failed with exit code '1'

0 Kudos
2 Replies

frankba
Contributor III

Hi Paul,

there are two recipes providing the same thing (virtual/libg2d). Both are listed in the error text:

.../meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/gpu-viv-g2d/gpu-viv-g2d_3.10.17-1.0.2.bb

.../meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_5.0.11.p4.4-hfp.bb

The first layer meta-fsl-arm is from the FSL Community BSP, the second layer meta-fsl-bsp-release from the official FSL BSP Release. You should not mix two BSPs. Or, if you have switched the BSP: make a clean build from scratch.

hth

Frank

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul

GStreamer-imx plugins supported by community and one can look at

OpenEmbedded Metadata Index - meta-fsl-demos

there are also NXP/FSL GStreamer Plugins (fsl-gst-plugin package),

gstreamer1.0 is supported starting from NXP official L3.10.53 BSP,

difference is described on :

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2014-August/010291.html

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos