I am trying to run the ping-pong application on imx8qxp with core A35 run linux version 4.9.88-05083 and core M4 run RTOS version 2.5.1.
In Uboot console I implement following below step:
- fatload mmc 1:1 0x88000000 rpmsg_lite_pingpong_rtos_linux_remote.bin
- dcache flush
- bootaux 0x88000000
(it shows log: RPMSG Ping-Pong FreeRTOS RTOS API Demo...
RPMSG Share Base Addr is 0x90010000)
- boot (to boot linux console)
In Linux console I insert module:
- insmod imx_rpmsg_tty.ko
- insmod imx_rpmsg_pingpong.ko
And run 'ls /dev' command. but I don't see " ttyRPMSG " device file in "dev" folder.
Could anyone has any suggestion to fix this Issue?
I am trying to run the echo application available in the MCUExpresso SDK for the imx8mn-evk board. I compiled the application in IAR(IDE) and added the bin file to the fat32 section of my sd card. The card has a bootable Android 10.0 available for the board on the NXP website. I am using UBoot command line to run the application on the M7 core. I am receiving an output on the UART of the M7 core. I have a few questions as listed below:
1. How do I view the output of the A53 core(I have a COM terminal connected and using the Uboot command line on this terminal)?
2. Does the A53 core need to be booted for Linux in the application?
3. If no(for 3), how did you view the output while running the Android core?
4. If available can someone point me to the detailed documentation for the echo application?
1) pls refer to the chapter 2.8 Remote Processor Messaging and chapter 2.8.5 Running i.MX RPMsg Test Programs of enclosed file
2) you can use RPMsg application from the SDK , the SDK you can download from :