cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera module for MCIMX7SABRE

alberto3
Contributor I

Hi All,

The MCIMX7SABRE has a 30 pin very small connector to connect a camera and so far I've not been able to find a available sensor module that I can just buy and plug it into the DK to start working with it. I know the OV5640 or OV5647 sensors are the ones that are supposed to be used, but all the sensor boards I've seen with these sensors don't have the same type of connector that the MCIMX7SABRE has. Can someone please facilitate a part number/manufacturer of a sensor board that can be used with this DK?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

alberto3
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your response. I was looking for pictures of the Nitrogen6X, Nitrogen6_MAX, and Nitrogen7 to see of the MIPI CSI connector was similar to the one on the MCIMX7SABRE with no luck. I'm concerned that those boards and the MCIMXSABRE have different connectors. Taking a look at the pics on the link you shared I noticed there is a PCB adapter that is connected to the DK after the white flex cable. Do you know if this PCB comes with the camera?

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alberto,

According with this document from Boundary Devices website, the Camera module has the 30-pin connector that should match on the MCIMX7SABRE board (without the ribbon cable).

Anyway, you could verify such information with Boundary Devices support, as they are who sold the camera module.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

alberto3
Contributor I

Carlos,

I was able to determine that the camera board you guys recommended can not be used with NXP's MCIMX7SABRE. The camera connector on the MCIMX7SABRE is: AXT530124 which is a 0.4 mm pitch connector. The connector in the Boundary Devices’ camera board is: Molex 53916-0308 which is a 0.5 mm pitch connector. We bought the DK to use it with a camera board and were have not been able to properly use it. Can NXP offer more support on this matter?

Regards.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alberto,

Below you can find the characteristics of the 30-pin connector where the camera should be connected:

CSI connector.png

So, you could consider any camera with OV5640 sensor and 30-pin/0.4mm connector, like the following:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MIPI-500-megapixel-phone-OV5640-FPC_60385281656.html

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

alberto3
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply. I reached out to Boundaries Devices and they said that camera is only intended to be used with their i.MX7 boards and not with the NXP Dev Kit. They said the NXP dev kit has a different camera pin out and connector, so the sensor module can not be used with the MCIMX7SABRE. Is there another sensor board that can be used with the MCIMX7SABRE?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alberto,

The camera module used for the MCIMX7SABRE board is from Truly and could be purchased from Boundary Devices at the following link:
https://boundarydevices.com/product/nit6x_5mp_mipi/

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:

0 Kudos