cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Zoom

karanbhagoji
Contributor II

Hello  all,

Having  a problem with the Camera. I am using the sabresd board(mx6) with android lollipop , freescale release with kernel 3.10.53. 

With the problem about the Camera, we are looking into the camera zoom feature, I would like to implement the digital zoom on this version and my product , is there any piece of code or implementation already done?. I am using the ov5640 mipi camera . If not kindly guide us to implement the same.

At android  Hal layer we are using libcamera2 libaries.

Thanking you

Regards,

Karan

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karan

please check examples on

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93822

OV5640 Auto Focus Drivers

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

karanbhagoji
Contributor II

Hello Igor ,

I have checked the above , but when trying to implement the same I came across the some codes where I observe that the zoom feature is enables as in the files ,

/frameworks/av/services/camera/libcameraservice/api1/client2/Parameters.cpp

Further more when trying to find the cause of the failure, we followed the logcat and came across the snippet in the file,

frameworks/base/core/java/android/hardware/camera2/legacy/LegacyRequestMapper.java as

// Add all non-zero weight regions to the list
    List<MeteringRectangle> meteringRectangleList = new ArrayList<>();
    for (MeteringRectangle rect : meteringRegions) {
        if (rect.getMeteringWeight() != MeteringRectangle.METERING_WEIGHT_DONT_CARE) {
            meteringRectangleList.add(rect);
        }
    }
    if (meteringRectangleList.size() == 0) {
        Log.w(TAG, "Only received metering rectangles with weight 0.");
        return Arrays.asList(ParameterUtils.CAMERA_AREA_DEFAULT);
    }
    // Ignore any regions beyond our maximum supported count
    int countMeteringAreas =
            Math.min(maxNumMeteringAreas, meteringRectangleList.size());
    List<Camera.Area> meteringAreaList = new ArrayList<>(countMeteringAreas);

for (int i = 0; i < countMeteringAreas; ++i) {
        MeteringRectangle rect = meteringRectangleList.get(i);
        ParameterUtils.MeteringData meteringData =
                ParameterUtils.convertMeteringRectangleToLegacy(activeArray, rect, zoomData);
        meteringAreaList.add(meteringData.meteringArea);
    }

Based on this I believe  that to enable the zoom feature on the camera the measuring (weighted sum ) of the AWB has to be calculated . From the above code the log is seen Only received metering rectangles with weight 0. and the it is exiting , without setting the metering area for the zoom , and zoom feature.Is it possible to get around this error    Can you guide me through this ?

Regards,

Karan

0 Kudos