cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSI->MEM + IPU postprocessing: the result is a broken picture

alexeryomenko
Contributor I

Hello!

I have 2Mpix sensor (OV2640), connected through CSI->MEM path on i.MX53. My application grabs pictures from this sensor on different resolutions (from SVGA to full 2Mpix) then pass them to VPU JPEG encoder to produce MJPEG stream. Besides, my application resizes grabbed pictures to another resolution (4CIF or its derivatives) using ipu_lib postprocessing task (TASK_PP_MODE) and feeds them to the another application.

Whole this sequence works well for resolution SVGA at 30fps, but I have problem with higher resolutions: XGA, SXGA(1280x1024) and UXGA(1600x1200-full 2Mpix) resulted in broken picture grabbed from sensor. All higher resolutions are grabbed at 15fps due sensor limitations. I attached an example of broken picture.

I have the impression, that data from sensor are corrupted in path CSI->MEM, when i using IPU from my application, because when I don't use resizing with IPU for these higher resolutions and only encode to JPEG with VPU, frames from camera are captured correctly.

Whether it can be some limitation of IPU or restrictions on the sharing of the path CSI->MEM and IPU postprocessing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

IPU IC supports up to 1024x1024.

Basically, for recent IPU_lib realization, it is possible to get greater output

size,  but this only supports resize/CSC, if one wants to do rotations at the

same time, this is not working.

0 Kudos

alexeryomenko
Contributor I

Thanks for reply!

I know about this restrictions, and I watched result of them through the path CSI->IC->MEM, when I try resolutions higher then 1024x768. But now I am using path CSI->MEM. This path has no restrictions by output resolution, doesn't it?

My application makes resizing by ipu_lib to resolution 704x576 max with no rotations and color space conversions.

0 Kudos