cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL_INVALID_VALUE  from clCreateKernel

eladshulman
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to use the kernel in the attached file, it is with the tiled convolution example from AMD with few minor changes (

I had to changed the use of pointers  to access vector data types. e.g. from :

*(__local float4*)&lclPlane[lcloffset4] = horiz_filter;

into:

= vload4(0,&lclPlane[offset4]);

The file get compiled ok, but I get CL_INVALID_VALUE -30 for clCreateKernel..

Couldn't figure out why the clCreateKernel fails, and I should note that it works on Intel and Nvidia OpenCL sdks.

I'm using sabre lite board with linaro-ubuntu-desktop

The opencl device:

DEVICE_NAME = Vivante OpenCL Device

DEVICE_VENDOR = Vivante Corporation

DEVICE_VERSION = OpenCL 1.1

DRIVER_VERSION = OpenCL 1.1

Will appreciate your help.

Original Attachment has been moved to: kernel.cl.zip

Labels (2)
8 Replies

arthassin
Contributor II

You are probably out of the kernel arguments limit. I think it was 9 for vivantes opencl platform. Check it by querying device for opencl info.

0 Kudos

eladshulman
Contributor II

There is a limit to the number of constants arguments ( CL_DEVICE_MAX_CONSTANT_ARGS ).

The example uses only 1 constant arguments so I don't think that this is the problem.

Moreover, I deleted to content of the kernel and left only its header, than I tried to call clCreateKernel for this empty kernel and it worked. This means that this issue has something to do with the kernel content.

0 Kudos

arthassin
Contributor II

You are right. Have you checked the instruction count? Old vivante drivers supported very limited count of instructions per kernel. I dont know what they did on more recent drivers. Try seperating your kernel. And do you know the version of the ocl driver you are using?

eladshulman
Contributor II

Thanks, I will try to seperate the kernel.

I don't know the exact number - when querying the device I only get :

DEVICE_NAME = Vivante OpenCL Device

DEVICE_VENDOR = Vivante Corporation

DEVICE_VERSION = OpenCL 1.1

DRIVER_VERSION = OpenCL 1.1

How can I tell the driver version ? and where can I found newer drivers to download ?

0 Kudos

granttao
Contributor III

Sorry to bother you. I am new bee,  i just can not compile opencl c file on a new MX6 Q platform. my system is L3.0.35 linaro, when compiling, libopencl.so got many undefined references:

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../lib/libOpenCL.so: undefined reference to `gcoCL_DestroyTexture'

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../lib/libOpenCL.so: undefined reference to `gcInvokeThreadWalker'

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../lib/libOpenCL.so: undefined reference to `gcSHADER_GetConstantMemorySize'

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../lib/libOpenCL.so: undefined reference to `gcSHADER_GetUniform'

/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6.1/../../../../lib/libOpenCL.so: undefined reference to `gcoOS_DeleteMutex'

I have got gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_1.1.0-1_armel.deb installed, there must be something with wrong configuration.

Could you help me?

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

eladshulman
Contributor II

Try to add -lGAL to your linker line

0 Kudos

granttao
Contributor III

thanks a lot!

But i got a segmentation fault when running, do you know the reason?

0 Kudos

eladshulman
Contributor II

Sorry, I can't tell without looking at your code.

0 Kudos